Strathmoor Preschool Education Center
For the past 70 years, Strathmoor Preschool Education Center has ministered to the education of the children in this area. It is a Christian preschool that welcomes children and families regardless of race, color, gender,national origin, creed, or religious affiliation.
The purposes of SPEC are to provide
- safe and nurturing care
- develop mentally appropriate education
- teaching methods that include visual, verbal, kinesthetic, and tactile
- biblical education for spiritual nurture and growth
- affirmative guidance encouraging the growth of each child
. Classes are from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
· The Two-year-old Class for children who are 2 years old by February 1, 2019 is available 3 mornings per week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) or five mornings per week (Monday through Friday). The children experience age appropriate, center-based activities that follow the school wide curriculum themes.
· Three-year-old children attend either 5 mornings per week (Monday through Friday) or 3 mornings per week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday). Please note that children in the Preschool Class (3’s) are 3 by August 1, 2019 and MUST be potty trained prior to the first day of classes.
· Four-year-old children attend five mornings per week which prepares them for Kindergarten the following year. The Pre-Kindergarten Class (4’s) is for children who turn 4 by August 1, 2019 have previous daycare or preschool experience and those who are attending school for the first time.
· The Kindergarten Class (5’s) meets five mornings per week. Our transitional Kindergarten is for children who will be 5 years old after August 31st or for those who are not quite prepared to begin a full day Kindergarten program. Our classes begin with a review of Pre-Kindergarten activities and move into early kindergarten skills such as pre-reading, pre-writing and basic mathematics. Our small class size allows the teacher to give your child individual attention.
Preschool Education Class dismissal is 12:00 noon (with a grace period until 12:15 p.m.). We offer a reduced tuition rate for those who choose to pay for the entire year prior to the first day of classes in August, or you may make equal monthly payments due on the first day of each month. Strathmoor Presbyterian Church offers a limited number of partial scholarships. Please call for further financial information.
Extended Care is available before and after preschool from 7:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. for any child enrolled in one of our preschool education classes (Two’s, Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten). Parents submit the monthly Extended Care schedule around the 15th of the month prior to needed care. Extended Care pick-up times are no later than 3:00 p.m. or 5:30 p.m. depending on your scheduled pick-up time.
We welcome you to visit our classes. Please call to arrange a visit, if you have further questions, or if we can help in any way.
2201 Hawthorne Avenue
Louisville, KY 40205
Phone (502) 458-6585 Fax (502) 451-5185